Below are links to some useful websites and news articles. Click on any of the links to open them in a new window.
Smooth Transitions – Company Home Page: www.movingforseniors.com
With over 60 locations in the United States and New Zealand, Smooth Transitions provides expertise in Senior Move Management to hundreds of families each year. Need assistance outside of Delaware? Click the link to find a Smooth Transitions location in your area.
Caregiver Toolkit – From A Place for Mom Senior Living Advisors
This is a free resource to help you care for your aging loved ones. Offers a variety of checklist, trackers, worksheets and advice to help you find the best option for your family member.
- Planning – Caregiver checklsists
- Organizing – Information trackers
- Financing – Tools to help you maximize the budget
- Caring – Worksheets to help you care for yourself too
- Joan Lunden’s Tips for visiting aging parents
Senior Living Options – www.SeniorGudiance.org
A free, comprehensive, national resource on senior living options and resources.
- Independent through assisted living,
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities,
- Memory care and more
- Available State and Federal support services for seniors
- Best places to retire in each state
- Cost of living information
Assisted Living Options – http://www.caring.com
A free guide to the types of care available and resources for understanding the options.
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
- Home Care
- Information for Caregivers
A Good Night’s Sleep is Important at Any Age! – www.SleepHelp.org
A free resource that covers the symptoms and solutions of sleep problems in older adults, including:
- Sleep needs as you age
- Improving sleep without medication
- Alzheimer’s and sleep
News and Articles
Check out Smooth Transitions Delaware in the local press!
Feeling frustrated and confused talking with a loved one who suffers from dementia? This Washington Post article is excellent and offers some tips on how to enjoy your time with your loved one rather than feeling defeated.